Did you know that Twitter now offers a Professional Profiles option that you can opt into directly from their account settings? Seeking to better support businesses, Twitter has introduced its next stage with its new Professional Profiles option. Up until now, users have had to apply to convert their accounts into professional profiles. The new business feature can be used as part of your overall marketing strategy to reach new customers, generate leads, and launch new products. Let’s dig deeper and learn about how to use Twitter for business.
The evolution of Professional Profiles
Twitter first began testing its Professional Profiles in April 2021, with selected brands taking part in the initial beta program. Twitter then started inviting more businesses to sign-up, and now it’s open to all U.S. brands and creators.
As described by TechCrunch, a professional account, which Twitter refers to as “Twitter for Professionals,” gives brands and creators access to additional tools to distinguish their profile, quickly promote content through ads and capitalize on Twitter’s future e-commerce efforts, including its “Shop Module” that offers brands, businesses, and other retailers the ability to showcase their products to Twitter users directly on the business’ profile.
Today we will go over how to create a business profile, review the features of business profiles, and briefly discuss some of the benefits and why your business should use it.
Creating a Business Profile
Before jumping into creating your business profile, you may be wondering if your business should even be on Twitter. With around 330 million users, Twitter is a valuable resource for reaching more potential customers.
Having a business account on Twitter is important for your social media marketing strategy. Twitter is a great channel for all kinds of businesses to use. Your business profile is a perfect platform to engage with your audience, get in touch with customers, and stay up to date with business trends and news.
When you create a business account on Twitter, keep your brand clear and easy to recognize. This will help your business to generate more interest on Twitter, and it will help to tie together your overall social media strategy. Your business account is a powerful tool, so stay active on the platform to keep your followers engaged.
Now let’s review how to join Twitter and create your Business Profile:
The basic steps are:
- Go to Twitter.com and sign up.
- Join Twitter. Complete the form by entering your name, email, password, and username.
- Confirm account.
- Click “Create my account.”
- Build your timeline. Twitter asks you to follow three people from a selection it gives you.
- Voila! Your Twitter account is made!
Next, you will want to customize your business Twitter account and page by:
- Add a profile photo. Click on “Set up profile” and upload a profile picture. Your photo gives your account a recognizable identity, and it will make it easier for users to engage with your Twitter business account.
- Upload a header. Your header shows up as the background to your photo. Keep your header branded.
- Add your business website so that your followers can easily click through to your website.
- Add your Twitter business bio. You have 160 characters maximum to tell the world about your business, so be succinct.
- Finally, make sure to “Save Changes.”
Business Profile Features
The foundation of Twitter for Professionals is to provide businesses, creators, publishers, and developers of all industries and sizes space to showcase and highlight their content, products, and services directly on Twitter for free. Twitter has created one central experience where businesses can access the tools designed specifically for their needs.
To qualify for a Professional Account, users must have no repeated history of violating guidelines, and they must be authentic, with an account name, bio, and profile picture. Parody and fan accounts are not eligible.
Professional Accounts are a gateway to a wide range of professional tools not available to non-professionals, including Twitter Ads, Quick Promote, Advanced Profile features, and our future efforts around shopping. For more information on Professional Accounts and to learn how to convert your account, you can visit Twitter’s Help Center.
Professional Profiles are how you show up on Twitter with a Professional Account. These profiles enable you, for the first time, to have a unique and clearly defined presence on the platform, separate from the general user.
Two features distinguish Twitter Professional Profiles:
- The professional category allows you to showcase what kind of professional you identify as.
- Profile modules are a dedicated space on your profile to showcase what’s most important to you.
Benefits of Using Twitter for Business
There are many benefits to be derived from having a Twitter Professional Account. If used properly, Twitter for Business can provide a real boost to your marketing strategy. Some of the benefits are:
- Improved communication between your brand and followers
- Increased Brand Awareness
- Driving more traffic to your website
- Keeps You Up to Date on industry trends
- Connecting you to Influencers and Brand Ambassadors
- You can send out real-time updates to your followers
The Bottom Line
Twitter Professional Profiles allow you to display specific information about your brand or business directly on your profile. A Professional Profile will enable you, for the first time, to have a unique and clearly defined presence on the platform, separate from the general user.
To learn more about how Twitter can be used as part of your overall marketing strategy so you can reach new customers, launch new products and find inspiration for fresh content ideas, click here to book your free strategy session today.