With 82% of the U.S. population on social media, real estate agents flock to various social platforms to engage their audience, build their reputation, and garner leads. If you are wondering how to approach social media marketing, we can help point you in the right direction! Check out our top five tips for how to market yourself as a realtor on social media.
Establish a Strong, Personal Brand on Social Media
Establishing your unique brand on social media is one of the essential things you can do as a realtor. You want to stand out from the rest by avoiding posting average, run-of-the-mill content. Let’s dig deeper into creating a strong brand on social media.
- Share interesting, engaging content frequently. Your social media accounts should not be “one-and-done” events. Your audience craves helpful information, visually compelling images, and exciting new content – plan to post this engaging content on a consistent schedule to attract the most attention from your audience.
- Build your brand’s voice and tone. Ensure that your photos, graphics, content, and copy align with what you want your brand to represent. Here are two things to consider when building your brand: What emotions do you want your images to invoke, and do you want your tone to be conversational, formal, witty, or educational?
- Use a consistent color palette and logo. The goal is to make your brand easily recognizable on social media, and using the same colors and logo will help achieve this.
- Mix it up… But not too much. So, what does that mean? First, consider the platform where you will be posting the content. While there are exceptions to every rule, millennials often love to use Instagram, while Facebook’s audience tends to be an older demographic. You should adjust your content accordingly to reflect where you are posting the content. However, you still want your brand to be recognizable, so don’t completely change your brand’s voice, tone, colors, or logo across different platforms.
- Don’t forget to interact with your audience. If you receive comments or messages through social media, take the time to reply. Keep your brand’s voice and tone in mind as you respond.
Network with Other Realtors and Industry Professionals
Some realtors may need clarification about networking with other industry professionals, but it is crucial when it comes to social media marketing. Connecting with other realtors helps to build long-term relationships and create lasting partnerships.
To dive a little deeper… Creating these connections helps to build your reputation, promote business growth, and reinforce your support network. It’s a win-win-win!
So, where is the best place to connect with more agents? While in-person networking is still an excellent option, social media can be beneficial, too. Ensure your LinkedIn profile is up-to-date and work to connect with people there. Next, follow “industry greats” on several social media platforms. Lastly, don’t hesitate to interact with posted content or reach out to other professionals through social media. Your networking circle will begin to grow in no time!
Use Hashtags to Reach a Wider Audience
Hashtags are invaluable when marketing yourself as a realtor on social media. They are used to show people that your content is related to a particular topic and can help you reach a much wider audience across your platforms.
You create a hashtag using the # symbol before one word or a series of words. Users can then view your post when they click on a specific hashtag. Here are a few examples of popular real estate hashtags:
Use Videos to Capture Your Audience’s Attention
In a previous blog post, we shared that the brain processes video 60,000 times faster than text, and 90% of the sensory information transmitted to the brain is visual. This statistic is proof, in and of itself, that real estate agents should use videos to snag their audience’s attention!
While you can post videos to nearly every social media platform, YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram are three great places to start! You can use videos to share various engaging content: open house exclusives, property listings, bio videos, client testimonials, market condition updates, neighborhood highlights, and more.
Host Events to Connect with Potential Clients
Lastly, to know how to market yourself as a realtor on social media, consider hosting online or offline events to connect with prospective clients. There is no substitution for relationship-building, and events are the perfect place to do just that!
Here are a few event ideas for real estate agents:
- Host an in-person holiday event like a “Pictures with Santa” party
- Have a fundraising event for a cause that is important to you
- Live stream a virtual open house
- Host an online “first-time home buyer” workshop
Expert tip: Whether your event is in-person or online, don’t forget to use your social media accounts to advertise the event.
More Social Media Marketing Help
We hope our tips have helped show you how to market yourself as a realtor on social media. But if you’d prefer to let a skilled team of marketing pros step in and take the reins, we’ve got you covered there, too!
Please get in touch with us through a virtual appointment, phone call, or email to schedule your free 15-minute consultation. From social media strategy to website management to optimized monthly blog posts, we can help you ditch your marketing worries and make you sparkle online.