Social media is known for making seismic changes that leave small business owners feeling confused. How can we leverage digital spaces if important platforms like Instagram continue changing their user experience?
We hear this a lot, especially when it comes to Instagram Reels. Business owners are scratching their heads trying to figure out the best way to deploy visual content. Should you sit at your desk and talk to your camera or make a video that’s engaging and natural?
Since Instagram is making major changes to how we use the app, we thought it would be a good idea to walk you through these changes. Hopefully, by the end of this blog you’ll have a better understanding of the role Instagram can play in your branding.
In this blog, we cover “What are Instagram reels?” and why you need them. If you want more tips on Instagram, check out our previous blogs on likes, followers, and other features.
What are Instagram Reels anyway?
In short, Instagram Reels allow you to create, share, and discover emerging video content. The social media giant – owned by Facebook – has steadily been losing ground to TikTok, as it reigns as the number one video-based social media app in the world.
Instagram hopes to introduce itself as a new player in the relatively new world of video-based social media apps. There are additional creative filters, and users will have more flexibility to create video content with more aesthetic options available.
Getting started is simple, and it’s clear that Instagram is pursuing a similarly non-obtrusive user interface similar to TikTok.
Ready to give it a try? Here’s how to create an Instagram Reel in four easy steps:
- Open the app and click the Reels Button near the bottom of the Instagram camera.
- Select your length and creative effects for maximum impact.
- Tap the multi-clip shutter to RECORD and again to stop recording.
- Publish your Reel as you would any other video on Instagram by selecting a cover photo, tagging friends, and adding hashtags.
So far, so good, right?
Now the goal is to use Instagram Reels to attract clients to your business.
Content ideas to keep your image fresh
Now, let’s talk about some fun ideas to help you engage with your clients online. You may be amazed at how the reaction to your brand starts to grow organically.
Try these Instagram Reel ideas out for size:
- Camera shy? Point it at your property. There’s no substitute for a virtual walk-through of a great property. Take the time to hold the camera steady and walk slowly. Think about how many times you’ve gotten lost in a great video walk-thru. Now your content can do that for your potential clients.
- Make humorous videos showing the funny side of real estate. Do you have an open house ritual that you’d need to see to believe? Funny content created authentically is a great way to keep viewers coming back for more while helping you stand out from your peers.
- Highlight the neighborhood attractions, businesses, and natural beauty. Is the neighborhood you’re showing walkable? Is there water nearby or perhaps a famous landmark? Lean into your location with a natural video.
- Got friends? Talk to them. The key to staying natural in your videos is to be genuine. Pretend you’re speaking with a group of friends rather than a sea of strangers who won’t engage with you.
If you’re not funny or photogenic, then don’t push it. Online users have high amounts of digital literacy. People know when someone’s forcing a “viral moment.” The best piece of advice, therefore, is to be yourself.
When you create a Reel that gains some traction, you’re able to highlight it on your profile so that it becomes anchored to your page. That means you’ll want to have at least two high-quality reels able to connect you with your clients.
Are you ready to get discovered by your future clients?
Then we’re ready to help.
Our agency offers customized social media services to help you get noticed by your ideal clients. Everything from writing support to advertising campaigns, let our team serve as your one-stop marketing department. Book a FREE call with our CEO and start getting noticed!